- After successfully logging into your website, you will land on WP Dashboard page as shown below.
- First, make changes on the Username Changer plugin by clicking on the Settings tab as shown below.
- Then click on Username Changer.
- Make sure you select Allowed Roles select boxes as shown below.
- Select Enable Email Notifications select box as shown below.
- Finally click on Save Changes button as shown below.
Now lets Change username and password.
- Click on Users tab on your left as shown in the image below.
- Then click on Your Profile tab as shown below.
- After landing on your profile page as shown below.
- Click on Change Username link
- Type in your preferred username in the Username text field as shown below.
- And then click on the Save Username button.
- After saving your username, click on Click here to log back in as shown below so that you can log in to your website using a new Username.
Note: You can decide to maintain the admin username if changing to a new username isn’t necessary to you.
- To change password click on the Generate Password button.
- Type in your new preferred password in the New Password text field as shown below.
NOTE: Make sure your password as a combination of upper case characters, lower case characters, numbers, and special characters. Your password must have more than 8 characters. Remember to save your password for future use.
- Click on Update Profile button for your new password to be effective.